Pages

March 21, 2009

Vaquero! Spring Break 09!

This week I took a mini-vacation into the mountains of Nuevo Leon. Everyone wanted to go to island this week and most of my friends were scared by the media's nonstop attention on the "escalating drug wars" in Northern Mexico. So I went by myself. It was seriously one of the best trips I've had.

First, I went horseback riding with an authentic Vaquero (Cowboy). This guy was sweet, he had chaps on, and a freakin' sombrero! It was extremely exciting. I paid him a couple of bucks to show me around Chipinque and other parts of the mountains that are unknown to tourists.






The view was amazing, my horse wasn't. After a few hours of wondering through the forest, we decided to head back to civilization. After my uncle in Toluca heard that I was in Nuevo Leon, he decided to fly out my cousin and his BG (body guard) so that we can roam around Monterrey. I picked up my cousin later that night and went to the hotel which also had a pretty sweet view.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Annette I was in the Uk for a long time. Fun there too.